Monday, November 16, 2009

31 Types of Snakes

We have had a good year after a tough 2007 and 2008. Angie's health has improved greatly, Ian is fully potty trained, and I can enjoy the football season again. We give thanks to God. It is great to have an awesome God and a great family, and we would like to give a quick update on what He is doing in our lives.


Angie
She is experiencing stability and incremental improvements since January. She went from not walking to walking with crutches last spring. Today, one can hardly guess she has been very sick. Angie plans to resume her career and perhaps go to graduate school once she has clearance from the doctors.



Ian
He is a blessing and a great traveler. He visited some great sites this summer. Check out our summer pictures at www.flickr.com/silvanews.
Ian takes sports seriously and is attending gym classes once a week. He is also taking swim classes at YMCA and is looking forward to school next year.


Will
I resigned from my position at Fort Osage Church last July. I have since then, joined the Chaplain's Corps in the Army as a Commissioned Officer. I report for training on January 10 at Fort Jackson, Columbia, SC (Chaplain School). We are planning to rent an apartment outside of the base for the 3 months I'm in training. I will have most nights and weekends free to be with Angie and Ian. On April 21, I report to my first Active Duty assignment at Fort Bliss, El Paso, TX, where I will join an Air Defense Division. 
I don't know much about El Paso but it seems to be a nice city. I may have to learn Spanish and teach my dog about the 31 varieties of snakes and vipers they host. 


You can follow news about us on this blog and at:
www.facebook.com/wdsilva
www.twitter.com/wdsilva
You can also see Angie's profile and our new phone numbers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment